BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF APP
EagleScan is a Plagiarism detection software. The main features of the software include; plagiarism Checker, Local Repository, Grade Mark, Local Language Support/Converter, Global Repository, Title Validation, Learning Management System Integration, Reports Downloads, User Account Management, and Self-Archival Interface. The software also comes wit with a very robust data analytics and visualization engine. It is also available in multiple operating systems and across mobile, table and desktop devises.
- DESCRIPTION OF SOFTWARE EagleScan is an enterprise web application that can be accessed through the use of an account when you register and operate on the domain eaglescan.ng.The Software can also be accessed as a downloadable software application that enables you to Access its functionality directly from your Android, iPhone, iPad or other mobile device supported by EagleScan (“Device”).
- LICENSE EagleScan hereby grants you, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a non-exclusive, non-transferable personal license to: Use the application for your own personal use; For clarity, the foregoing is not intended to prohibit you from accessing the application for another Device on which you also agreed to the EULA. Each instance, of this EULA that you agree to, grants you the aforementioned rights in connection with the use and copy of the application content on one Device.
- TITLE Title, ownership and all rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights) in and to the application shall remain with EagleScan. Except for those rights expressly granted in this EULA, no other rights are granted, whether express or implied.
- RESTRICTIONS You understand and agree that you shall only use the application in a manner that complies with any and all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which you use the Software. Your use shall be in accordance with applicable restrictions concerning privacy and intellectual property rightsYou may not:
- Create derivative works based on the application;
- Use the application for any purpose other than as described herein;
- Copy or reproduce the application except as described in this EULA;
- Sell, assign, license, disclose, distribute or otherwise transfer or make available the application or any subscription codes of the application in any form to any third parties;
- Alter, translate, decompile, reverse assemble or reverse engineer the application, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except to the extent this prohibition is not permitted under an applicable law; or
- Remove or alter any proprietary notices or marks on the application.
- “Crawl” the EagleScan service to automatically collect information.
- NO WARRANTY EAGLESCAN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE APPLICATION WILL MEET ANY REQUIREMENTS OR NEEDS YOU MAY HAVE, OR THAT THE APPLICATION WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE, OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE APPLICATION IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR PLATFORM. THE APPLICATION IS OFFERED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GIVEN. EAGLESCAN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE WAIVER OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THEY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE OR MODIFY THE APPLICATION EagleScan may modify the application and this EULA with notice to you either in email or by publishing notice on the Website, including but not limited to charging fees for the application, or changing the functionality or appearance of the application. In the event EagleScan modifies the application or the EULA, you may terminate this EULA and cease use of the application. EagleScan may terminate your use of the application, at any time, with or without notice.
- OPEN SOURCE The application may contain or be provided together with open source software. Each item of open source software is subject to its own applicable license terms, which can be found at in the Software documentation or the applicable help, notices, about or source files. Copyrights to the open source software are held by the respective copyright holders indicated therein.
- INDEMNIFICATION By accepting the EULA, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless EagleScan, its officers, employers, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of, relating to, or resulting from your use of the application or any other matter relating to the application.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EAGLESCAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF EAGLESCAN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). IN NO EVENT WILL EAGLESCAN AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF LICENSING FEES PAID BY YOU TO EAGLESCAN. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES AND/OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS This EULA is expressly made subject to any laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions on the export from Nigeria of the Software or information about such Software which may be imposed from time to time by the government of Nigeria. You shall not export the Software or information about the Software without consent of Nigeria and compliance with such laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions.
- GENERAL The EULA between you and EagleScan will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federation of Nigeria without regard to conflict of laws principles. The exclusive forum for any disputes arising out of or relating to this EULA shall be an appropriate federal court or state court sitting in Nigeria. The EULA constitutes the entire agreement between you and EagleScan regarding the application. If any provision of this EULA is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of this EULA will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign this EULA, and any assignment of this EULA by you will be null and void. EagleScan, EAGLESCAN, Eaglescan (stylized), and “in” logos, and other EagleScan logos and names are trademarks of EagleScan. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without EagleScan prior, written permission. The section titles and numbering of this EULA are displayed for convenience and have no legal effect.